The Middle East is home to some of the largest tea drinking populace and the growing popularity of this revitalizing drink continues to take in more tea drinkers each year. Industry experts expect that the market will grow even further and there is still a room for new players.
Tealand Trading LLC is one of the leading companies in Dubai to introduce the concept of high quality tea in the retail format, represented as Tealand Retail Kiosk. Currently Tealand operates 5 successful outlets in the central Malls of Dubai. Subsequently Tealand has introduced specialty “Tea on the Go” kiosk, which sells and serves a range of tea blends with tea accessories along. Tealand is steadily growing and becoming a household name in UAE for fine specialty tea.
Tealand intends to adopt the Master Franchisee route for countries outside UAE such as Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan etc. Tealand is also open for a Multi-unit Franchisee who is willing to take a larger territory with commitments to achieve a mutually agreed roll-out.
Tealand plans to setup its Retail and “Tea on the Go” Kiosks in the well-known Malls and Shopping Centers in the Middle East that have high footfall and attract consumers. We invite Master and Multi-unit franchisees with initiative and strong market understanding to be a part of our venture.
1. Quick and proper start opportunity by implementing a well-established business model, because Tealand is:
- 8 years of continuous successful presence in the market
- Well known trusted name
- 5 outlets in biggest prestigious Malls of Dubai
- Supplier to hotels and restaurants chains
- Overseas agents and Distributors
- Reliable partners from all over the world
2. Substantial commercial advantages of Tealand Franchisee offer:
- Average initial investment in one Outlet varies from AED 400,000 to AED 700,000 only
- Royalties: 6% (Service – Consumables)
- Break-even point: 6-12 months
- Flexibility in choosing an Outlet format based on requirements and capabilities (Retail Kiosk that sells Tea blends and Accessories and Tea On The Go Kiosk where serving a freshly infused tea is complemented with select food items)
3. Comprehensible and demanded Tea assortment and choice of Accessories:
- Assistance in choosing premises
- Assistance in feasibility study
- Project design and erection supervision
- Assistance in recruiting and training
- Marketing support
- Technical support
- Frequent visit to monitor Tealand operational practices.
- Tea Cups and Tea Pots
- Tea Infusers
- Tea Caddies
- Tealand Gifts
4. Professional operation support throughout a partnership term:
- Orthodox Teas
- Tea Blends
- Fruit Melanges
- Herbal Infusions
- Flowering Teas
- Single Herbs
- Tea Sets
- Tea Cups and Tea Pots
- Tea Infusers
- Tea Caddies
- Tealand Gifts
Implementation of advanced technologies complying with existing ISO and HACCP standards enables to administer the business in the most efficient way.
Thoroughly study all available information on market capacity of your region, city. Compare the figures of franchises on offer. Study the tea and accessories potential market of your region, city.
Collect information on variety of available premises for usage efficiency evaluation. Our professionals will draft a layout and evaluate efficiency of the project. Invite our professional to the proposed premise for assessment of the location and premises.
3. Start-Up Supports
Kiosk erection and set up shall be supervised by our specialists. Assistance in recruiting the personnel and its training in our premises.
Our specialists’ participation in Launch ceremony. Begin operations with support of our specialists. Commencement of operational support monitoring system.
- Apply by filling in the franchise application form
- Application form will be reviewed by the franchise committee
- Begin the process by sending us a signed letter of intent (LOI) and pay a portion of the franchise fee
- Sign the franchise agreement within 30 days and pay the balance of the franchise fee
3. Creating a project plan - phase 1
- Select a location
- Get our approval on the chosen location to proceed
- Start the fit out process
4. Creating a project plan - phase 2
- Begin scouting and recruiting good people for your outlet staff. They will be trained two weeks prior to the opening.
- Go through the operation training manuals and get yourself acquainted with the Tealand ways
5. Congratulations, You are now open for business!
- Celebrate a grand opening with the Tealand opening team on site
1. What is franchising?
Franchising is the practice of using another firm's successful business model. The word 'franchise' is of Anglo-French derivation - from franc - meaning free. For the franchisor, the franchise is an alternative to building 'chain stores' to distribute goods that avoids the investments and liability of a chain. The franchisor's success depends on the success of the franchisees. The franchisee is said to have a greater incentive than a direct employee because he or she has a direct stake in the business.
2. How much interest I shall get per annum if I invest in Franchising?
We believe you better make a deposit in the bank, because banks can offer you fixed interest rate per annum. If you want to invest in Franchising we would not accept a ‘sleeping’ investor. Tealand Franchise is a tool! You must learn how to use it and utilize it on regular basis. For instance – if you purchase construction equipment, but you have no idea what to do with it and keep it in a hangar, you can hardly expect that it will pay you back.
3. But shouldn’t I count on something?
Sure! Before we take a decision to sell the Franchise we thoroughly study Franchisee’s working environment and conditions. We accumulated vast experience and we implement it in practice. If we see that chosen location is not suitable for Franchise we inform a potential partner accordingly
4. Do you guarantee a result?
The result in each particular project is an outcome of mutual efforts. If Franchisee and Franchisor become close partners, you can safely declare that the goal is achieved. If parties position themselves as Client-Provider no matter how good is a Franchise, you will not get expected results.
5. Are there other payments besides Franchise fees?
Yes, in case of serving tea kiosk there are Royalties to be paid on regular basis as long as Franchise exists. As a rule Royalties are paid in a form of certain percentage from gross sales or agreed fixed amount.
6.Franchise or your own business path?
Going into business for you is a major life decision. One path is to start your own business or buy an existing one. Another is to choose the franchising model and buy into a proven system with a known brand name. Each path has its own promise, as well as perils. Once the choice is made, the question becomes what type of business to choose. The Franchisee gets an opportunity to do business under Franchisor’s trade mark, using its reputation, products and services, marketing tools and support.
Franchisee in turn shall follow rules and regulations of business conduct set by the Franchisor. Following the rules does not necessarily mean disadvantage; on the contrary, Franchisee has an excellent opportunity to earn profit and realize advantages of his investment. Franchise offers approved, tried “business recipes” that can be implemented over and over again. Franchisor shares its experience with Franchisee thus giving him a business model and operation technique, supporting him during operations.
For these very reasons Franchise is more preferable: franchisee has an opportunity to start new business avoiding otherwise inevitable mistakes, while Franchisor does not interfere with legal and commercial independence of the entrepreneur (Franchisee).
7. Do I need to be currently from Retail background to be accepted as a Franchisee?
Prior experience in the retail sector is desirable but not mandatory. Our franchise program is designed in such a manner that it assists a new franchisee in all the areas of operation.
8. What is the term of the franchise agreement?
The initial agreement is for 5 years, with an option of further renewal. Renewal of the agreement is subject to mutual agreement of both parties.
9. How long does it take to open Tealand Franchise?
After signing the formal agreement it normally takes 1- 2 months to start the entire operations.
10. Do I need a license to open Tealand Franchise?
No. However, you need to sign the formal legal agreement.
11. Do you provide any business aids?
We provide business aids, in fact we start helping you from the set up phase; we will help you from designing of the outlet and cafes, fixtures, staff recruitment and software training to help with day- to-day operations.
12. When can I break even?
The break-even point varies between outlets. It depends on variety of factors such as overheads and operating cost. However, the USP of this business is the faster pay-back period and the quick break- even point.
13. How will advertising be handled?
Local Advertisement will be done by the franchisee and International level advertisement/promotions shall be carried out by Tealand.
For a retail outlet it would be AED 414,000 for an area of 60sq.ft. and for a café it would be AED 690,000 for an area of 150 sq ft including working capital, franchise fees, interiors, equipment and rentals.